Released 30 November 1987
Length 58 minutes.
BBFC Certificate - 15
Directed by Rudi Dolezal and Hannes Rossacher.
Commentary written by Simon Witter, spoken by Stuart St. Paul.
This video is the third of a three volume documentary on the
band. This volume is not divided into sections, so I have divided
it up appropriately.
- Footage of 'Is This The World We Created?' (Budapest,
1986), interview with Bob Geldof, footage of 'Radio Ga
Ga' (Live Aid), and interviews with Brian, John and Roger
- Interview with Freddie, footage of Freddie Singalong
(Live Aid), and interview with Brian
- Footage of 'Hammer To Fall' (Live Aid), interview with
Bob Geldof, and footage of 'We Are The Champions' (Live
- Interview with Brian and footage of an empty Wembley
Stadium (with excerpt of 'Mustapha')
- Excerpt of 'Another One Bites The Dust', with footage of
setting up for a concert, and interviews with tour
manager Gerry Stickells, Brian, Roger, and logistics
organiser Edwin Shirley
- Interview with tour promoter Harvey Goldsmith, and
footage of crowds arriving at Wembley, with excerpt of
- Interview with John, and further footage of Wembley (with
excerpt of 'Bring Back That Leroy Brown')
- Interview with a Queen fan, footage of crowds (with
excerpt of 'Fat Bottomed Girls'), and interview with Jim
Callaghan (Queen security)
- Interview with Freddie, footage of Queen backstage, and
interviews with Brian, Paul McCartney and archive
interview with Roger
- Interview with Freddie, footage of Freddie and Roger
practising a Singalong, and interview with Brian
- Further backstage footage, footage of 'One Vision'
(Wembley), interviews with Brian, Roger, Freddie, John
and Mick Jagger, footage of 'A Kind Of Magic' (Wembley),
and interviews with various other musicians and singers.
- Interview with Freddie, footage from after show parties
(with excerpt of 'The Millionaire Waltz'), and interviews
with Elton John
- Interviews with Samantha Fox and Freddie Mercury, footage
of Wembley party jam ('Tutti Frutti', with Samantha Fox),
and interviews with Little Richard, Brian
- Excerpt of 'My Melancholy Blues' and footage of Freddie
travelling, with some footage from Mannheim 1986, and
interview with Fritz Rau (German tour promoter)
- Excerpt of 'Dancer' with after-show party footage, and
interviews with Roger and Brian
- Excerpts of 'Procession' and 'Lazing On A Sunday
Afternoon', with footage of around Queen in and around
- Footage of Freddie practising his 'Singalong' in the
empty Nepstadion, and Queen relaxing
- Footage of Brian and Freddie rehearsing 'Tavaszi Szel
Vizet Araszt' and general footage from Budapest
- Footage of Queen backstage and footage of 'Tavaszi Szel
Vizet Araszt' from the concert
- Interview with Roger, footage of 'Love Of My Life'
(Budapest) and interviews with Freddie and Brian
- Footage of 'Hammer To Fall' (Budapest) and 'Tutti Frutti'
(Budapest), and interview with Freddie
- Excerpt of 'Who Wants To Live Forever' with footage of
around Knebworth, interviews with Brian, John, Roger and
Freddie, and footage of the 'Magic' helicopter
- Footage of Queen backstage, footage of the audience, and
interviews with Freddie and Roger
- Footage of 'Radio Ga Ga' (Knebworth, 1986) and interviews
with John, Roger Daltrey, Brian, Freddie, Michael
Appleton ('Old Grey Whistle Test' producer)
- Excerpt of 'We Are The Champions' (Knebworth, 1986) with
short clips of Queen through the years
- Interview with Freddie, footage of 'God Save The Queen'
(Wembley, 1986), and backstage footage
- Footage of 'Is This The World We Created?' (Knebworth,
1986), and short comment from Freddie