Released 30 November 1987
Length 58 minutes.
Directed by Rudi Dolezal and Hannes Rossacher.
Commentary written by Simon Witter, spoken by Stuart St. Paul.
This video is the second of a three volume documentary on the
band. It concentrates on Queen's live career, featuring excerpts
of many rare live tracks, however, most are heavily edited or
only very short. This volume is not divided into sections, so I
have divided it up appropriately, while rare footage is
highlighted in red:
- Interview with Ringo Starr and Barbara Bach, then 'Tie
Your Mother Down' from 1986, with clips from over the
- Interview with John and footage of Queen in Japan (with
album version of 'Seven Seas Of Rhye'), and interview
with Kaz (Japanese coordinator). Excerpt of 'The Fairy
Feller's Masterstroke', with footage of Queen press
conference and in and around Japan.
- Further interview with John and more footage of around
Japan, with excerpt of 'Someday One Day'.
- Footage of 'Now I'm Here' (Japan, 1975), interview with
John, and footage of 'In The Lap Of The Gods....
Revisited' (Japan, 1975). Archived comments of Queen from
Japan, and interview with Roger from 1984/5.
- Footage of 'Keep Yourself Alive' (Hyde Park, September
1976), and interview with Richard Branson.
- Footage of Freddie's 'Vocal Improvisation' and 'Flick Of
The Wrist' (Hyde Park, 1976).
- 'Old Grey Whistle Test' interview with Brian (mid/late
1970's), and footage of '39' (Hyde Park, 1976)
- Interview with John Harris (sound mixer), footage of
'Killer Queen' (Earl's Court, 1977), and interview with
- Footage of 'White Man' and 'The Millionaire Waltz', further
interview with Gary Numan, and footage of 'Bring Back
That Leroy Brown' and 'Rock And Roll Medley' (Stupid
Cupid & Be Bop A Lula) (Earls Court, 1977)
- Interview with Brian and 'You Take My Breath Away'
(Earl's Court, 1977), comment from Freddie (from 1985),
and more footage of 'Rock And Roll Medley' (Jailhouse
Rock) (Earls Court, 1977)
- Excerpt of 'Drowse', backstage footage from Houston 1977,
and footage of TV comment
- Footage of 'We Will Rock You' (Houston, 1977), with
interviews with John, Freddie, Brian and Roger
- Footage of 'We Are The Champions' (Houston, 1977), and
interviews with John and Roger
- Excerpt of 'Body Language' and mud-wrestling footage, and
interviews with John 'Tunbridge' Wells and Wally Gore.
- Footage of 'Let Me Entertain You' (Paris, 1979), interviews
with Queen fans, 'Sheer Heart Attack' (presumably Paris,
1979), and interview with Queen expert Jim Jenkins
- Excerpt of 'Seaside Rendezvous', footage of a convention
auction, and interview Jacky Gunn (of the Queen fan club)
- Interview with Freddie, footage of him with the Royal
Ballet, 1979, and interview with Dave Clark
- Footage of 'Now I'm Here' (Concert for Kampuchea, 1979), and
interviews with Roger Daltrey, Rod Stewart and Elton John
- Clip of 'Las Palabras De Amor' (Top Of The Pops, 1982),
and interviews with John Entwistle, a young Queen fan,
Roy Thomas Baker.
- Further footage of 'Now I'm Here' (Concert for Kampuchea,
1979), and further interviews with Jeff Beck, Keith
- Interview with Brian and his father Harold about making
- Intro by Danny De Vito, and footage of 'Crazy Little
Thing Called Love' (Saturday Night Live, 1982)
- Footage of Roger's Drum Solo (unknown concert), intercut
with footage of Brazil, and footage of Queen on Brazilian
TV, March 1981.
- Footage of 'Somebody To Love' (Sao Paulo, 1981) and
interview with Jim Beach about security.
- Footage of 'Another One Bites The Dust' (Buenos Aires,
March 1981), and interviews with John, Roger and Brian
- Footage of 'Love Of My Life' (Buenos Aires, 1981) and
interview with Freddie from 1985.
- Excerpt of 'Under Pressure', footage of Montreux, and
interviews with David Bowie and Freddie
- Footage of 'Under Pressure' (Milton Keynes, 1982), and
interviews with Roger and Brian from 1982
- Footage of 'Play The Game' (Milton Keynes, 1982),
interview with Mel Smith, and footage of 'Freddie
Singalong' and 'Staying Power' (Milton Keynes, 1982)
- Interview with Misa Watanabe, who worked with Queen in
Japan, and footage of 'Teo Torriatte' (Tokyo, 1982)
- Footage of Brian, Roger and John on Japanese TV
- Footage of Freddie on Kenny Everett's TV show and Roger
on the TV show 'Pop Quiz'
- Footage of Roger and John on Korean TV
- Intro on Australian TV and footage of 'Radio Ga Ga'
(Sydney, 1985), with Phil Collins interview
- Footage of 'Radio Ga Ga' (Rio, 1985) and footage of a
Mike Smith news report
- Excerpt of 'Keep Passing The Open Windows', footage of
Queen in Rio, and Freddie TV interview
- Footage of 'I Want To Break Free' (Rio, 1985) and
interviews with John and Freddie
- Footage of Rio audience and audience noise