|<< Queen Fan Club Magazine Quizzes||
|'Mastermind' Questions >>|
1. What is the title of the first track on The Miracle album?
2. Who wrote The Invisible Man?
3. What was the last UK single to be taken from the Jazz album?
Don't Stop Me Now
4. How many tracks are there on the Flash Gordon album?
5. What was the B-side of the UK single Seven Seas Of Rhye?
See What A Fool I've Been
6. In which year did Queen first play a concert outside the UK?
7. For which Freddie single did Roger provide backing vocals?
The Great Pretender
8. Who is the guest saxophonist on the track One Year Of Love?
9. What was Queen's second single in the USA?
10. In which city did Queen open their 1986 Magic Tour?
11. What was the first ever single to be released on the 12" format?
Crazy Little Thing Called Love
12. Which band member was born in Kings Lynn, Norfolk?
13. How many weeks did the Innuendo single stay at the top of the BBC Gallup charts?
14. Which song did Brian play on to support the USA Paralympic Games in 1987?
A Time For Heroes
15. Which member once played in a group called Art?
16. Who provided computer programming for the Innuendo album?
17. How many studios was the band's debut album recorded in - and name them?
Two - De Lane Lea and Trident
18. Who produced Queen At The Beeb?
19. Which band member plays a Pinball Machine in the One Vision promo video?
20. What famous London venue did Queen play as a support to Mott The Hoople?
1. This British city's cathedral was built in 1880 at the
request of Edward VII when he was Prince Of Wales?
2. A painting by Richard Dadd, the original hangs in London's Tate Gallery?
The Fairy Fellers' Masterstroke
3. Where the majority of the worlds cloves are grown?
(all of the following questions describe a song title)
4. Originally New Amsterdam, so good they named it twice?
New York (New York)
5. A brief burst of light?
6. A bite by a mythical creature?
7. Parent and offspring?
Father To Son
8. Indirect accusation?
9. Created in paradise?
Made In Heaven
10. A fat tortoiseshell cat?
11. Uncoloured monarch?
12. Large royal rodent, died of something rather nasty?
Great King Rat
13. Meet your friends on the beach?
14. Igneous? Metamorphic? You'll find it on the south coast of Britain anyway?
Lily Of The Valley
16. Battle to get out?
Fight From The Inside
17. He'll be here any minute?
18. Flash Gordon....in the end?
20. A chilly feline?
A Kind Of Magic
23. Maternal affection?
24. Final frontier?
1. What is the blatant mistake at the start of Greatest Flix?
Roger's birthday is wrong
2. What happens to Brian's head in the Starfleet video?
His head explodes
3. Which two other Queen/related songs can be head on the Machines 12" single?
Ogre Battle and Going Back
4. From which opera is the music for the opening lines of It's A Hard Life taken?
I Pagliacci by Leon Cavallo
5. Where in the film Biggles can you hear No Turning Back in it's entirety?
Over the end credits
6. What are the words to the spoken lines at the end of Drowse?
I think I'll be Clint Eastwood. Jimi Hendrix he was good. Try William The Conqueror, now who else do I like?"
7. Which two Greatest Flix promo videos from the 1980's are NOT featured in the video for The Show Must Go On?
Under Pressure and Hammer To Fall
8. Who, according to Roger, first suggested Another One Bites The Dust should be released as a single?
9. Which ballet was Freddie trying to re-enact for the promotional video for I Want To Break Free?
L'Apres Midi D'un Faune by Debussy
10. Where did the 'young man' who was 'stung on the knee by a wasp' come from?
Dundee (from Two Sharp Pencils)
11. In a shot in the promo video for A Kind Of Magic a clapper board has accidentally been left in. What does it say?
Seq 8 Sc 36/37
12. Which Queen 12" features a one minute drum solo?
13. What is the name of the actress who connects the TV series Frank Stubbs Promotes and the Invisible Man video?
14. Which Queen song featured in the Shell Company advertising campaign in 1986?
I Want To Break Free
15. With which group did Brian record the track I Need Time?
The Left Handed Marriage
16. On which label was The Man From Manhattan originally released?
17. How many stitches did John need in his hand at Christmas 1977?
18. Which song title was featured on one of Freddie's birthday cakes?
19. Which artists came immediately before and after Queen at Live Aid?
Dire Straits appeared before, David Bowie appeared after
20. Who's nicknames are these? Miami, Uncle Grumpy, Crystal, Trip, Jobby, Feebie, Tunbridge, Liza, Birdman, The Duke
Jim Beach, Gerry Stickells, Chris Taylor, James Khalaf, Brian Zellis, Peter Freestone, John Wells, Joe Fanelli, John Deacon, Spike Edney
1. In which city did Queen hold a halloween party to promote
their latest album?
2. Which Queen album did Brian co-produce with Mack?
3. Which Queen II track is on Queen At The Beeb?
4. Freddie was a awarded a posthumous Ivor Novello in 1995 for which song?
Living On My Own
5. Which was the first solo single by Roger to enter the UK top 75 singles chart?
6. Miriam Stockley provided backing vocals for Brian, but on which track did she provide backing for Freddie?
The Golden Boy
7. Which song did Queen perform at their one and only performance at Italy's San Remo festival?
Radio Ga Ga
8. What was the Cross's debut single?
Cowboys And Indians
9. Which painting did Queen one view at the Chrysler Museum Of Art in Norfolk, USA?
Frank Kelly Freas - 'News Of The World' Robot painting
10. Who played Maracas on Who Needs You?
11. Queen won an award at the Midem Festival in January 1978, for what?
Most potential rock band
12. Which song has Roger covered on his Electric Fire album?
Working Class Hero
13. Which was the first Queen single to feature the crest on the record label?
Somebody To Love
14. Which Queen song was used in a radio campaign against drink-driving in the UK?
Don't Lose Your Head
15. Name the first promotional video to feature fan club members.
We Are The Champions
16. 'I do like to be beside the seaside' is sung at the end of Seven Seas Of Rhye, but in which song is it whistled?
17. Which 50's song has recently been resurrected by Brian for single release and live performance?
Only Make Believe
18. Queen first performed this song 'live' back in 1974, then dropped it from their live set in 1976, and brought it back again in 1977 and played it on every tour after that. Which song is it?
Now I'm Here
19. Which single did Queen perform on the Crazy Tour before it's release?
20. Which was the last Queen song to have a sub-title?
No-One But You (Only The Good Die Young)
1. What song from a Roger Taylor album was the working title
of a Queen hit?
People On Streets (the working title of Under Pressure)
2. In which two promotional videos from Flix 1 and Flix 2 can John be seen wearing a Queen Crest T-shirt?
Bohemian Rhapsody and One Vision
3. Which Queen song was used in a Twix commercial in the UK?
I Want It All
4. If John is a Goldfinch and Brian is a Duck, what are Freddie and Roger?
A Goose and a Nightjar (the names of their companies)
5. On which album did fans first hear the line 'Who wants to live forever'?
Flash Gordon (it is spoken by Vultan in Battle Theme)
6. A person from Essex claims that Freddie visited their back garden in the month of July 1986. How or Why?
It was the inflatable model of Freddie from the Wembley Stadium concert
7. Who hosted the Freddie Mercury Tribute Concert in America?
8. Which vertically challenged character was re-united with Queen in 1991, after a gap of some 19 years?
Mad The Swine
9. Which Queen song is also a book by Graham Greene?
10. Which book prompted Queen to go back into the recording studio in the early 80's?
Hotel New Hampshire
11. Which book's title is also the subtitle of a Queen track?
As It Began
12. Who was Freddie's wife, if only for a day, in 1985? (clue: they walked up the aisle in the Royal Albert Hall)
Jane Seymour (at Fashion Aid, 5 November 1985)
13. Which is the only song lyric to begin with And?
Headlong or Jesus
14. Which tree bent over backwards for one of the band's solo albums?
The Sabina Tree (on 'Another World')
15. Roger's were red in 1986, what colour were Freddie's in 1993?
Yellow and Red (refers to The Freddie Mercury Rose and Roger's 'A Dozen Red Roses')
16. Apart from Under Pressure, which other track did David Bowie lend his vocals to? (but did not make it to the album)
17. Which is the only Queen song to feature the sounds of birds singing?
It's A Beautiful Day
18. Which is the most remixed Queen single, and how many remixes are there?
You Don't Fool Me (16 remixes)
19. Which character from Star Wards cost Queen money some years after he appeared on the big screen?
Darth Vader (they dressed a bodyguard up to bring Freddie onto stage, but didn't have permission)
20. The director of Star Wars had an influence on a Queen video, which one?
George Lucas's film THX 1138 inspired Calling All Girls
21. A few years before they starred in Star Wars, one of them had already been named in a Queen song, who, and which song?
Stormtrooper (in Stilettos)
22. Which album poster features in the promotional video for a single released from that same album?
The poster for The Miracle is in The Invisible Man
23. Who is the only band member to feature a member of their family on an album and single cover, and who took the photo?
Roger - Rufus Taylor is on Electric Fire and Pressure On (the photo by Bob Geldof)
24. The Show Must Go On has been covered by two colourful stars, one as a live B-side, the other on an album of the same name. Who are they?
Elton John and Shirley Bassey
25. A composer connected to Queen through dance?
Mozart (The Ballet For Life) or Debussy (who inspired the I Want To Break Free video)
26. Roger penned Don't Lose Your Head in 1986. Why, some 13 years later, did certain individuals want him to do just that?
Because nobody ALIVE has ever appeared on a stamp apart from royalty.
27. If the Phoenix was the first mythical character to appear on a Queen single, who or what was the last?
Icarus (on No-One But You)
28. What have a pizza oven, a crown and a flyswatter all got in common?
All Queen lighting rigs
29. What is Freddie's final word on the Made In Heaven album?
'Fab' (at the end of Track 13)
1. Which opera singer did Roger and Brian recently perform
2. Which famous line from Shakespeare is used in 'Lily Of The Valley'?
My Kingdom For A Horse
3. The Cross had an album called 'Mad Bad & Dangerous To Know'. Who was that saying attributed to?
4. Which artists work was used on the sleeve of Innuendo?
5. The Fairy Feller's Masterstroke was inspired by the painting of whom?
6. Which Shakespeare play did Brian compose a soundtrack for?
7. Brian recorded the soundtrack for which French film?
8. The cover of 'News Of The World' was taken from an original drawing by who?
Frank Kelly Freas
9. Which artist is mentioned in the song 'The Miracle'?
[This was actually a mistake, as there are no artists mentioned]
10. Which Queen song is also a book by Graham Greene?
1. Which two studios were the band's debut album recorded in?
De Lane Lea and Trident
2. Where was the video of 'Breakthru' filmed?
The Nene Valley Railway
3. Where did the first gig on the 1979 'Crazy Tour' take place?
The RDS Simmonds Hall, Dublin
4. In which German city did Queen headline a festival during the summer of 1979?
5. Where was Freddie king of the castle in 1986?
Dublin (Slane Castle)
6. Where was the launch party for 'Jazz' held?
7. In which city did Queen begin their 'A Night At The Opera' tour?
8. The launch party for 'A Day At The Races' was held at which race course?
9. In which club did The Cross film their 'Shove It' video?
1. Which British city s mentioned in 'Airheads', 'No More
Fun', and 'All The Way From Memphis'?
2. Led Zeppelin's 'Stairway To Heaven' is mentioned in which Roger solo song?
No More Fun
3. What's the name of the rock club in 'Tenement Funster'?
4. Which planet is mentioned in 'Radio Ga Ga'?
5. Which hotel is mentioned in 'Good Old Fashioned Loverboy'?
6. What is eaten for tea in the song 'Machines'?
Bytes and megachips
7. Which famous actor is mentioned in the song 'Drowse'?
8. On the album track, who's 'got no brains but he sure gotta lot of style'?
(Big Bad) Leroy Brown
9. Which song can be heard at the end of 'Seven Seas Of Rhye'?
I Do Like To Be Beside The Seaside
10. What time was the 'date' arranged for in the song 'Who Needs You'?
Half past Six
1. What is the name of the underground station featured in 'We
Will Rock You'?
Tottenham Court Road
2. Nigel Planer (the actor who played Pop) starred in which British comedy series about a bunch of students living together?
The Young Ones
3. Who wrote the script for 'We Will Rock You'?
4. The song 'We Will Rock You' was recently used in advertisements for which two drinkable products?
Pepsi cola and Evian water
5. What are the names of the two lead characters in 'We Will Rock You'?
Galileo and Scaramouche
6. Which member of Queen wrote 'We Will Rock You' and which album did it first feature on?
Brian May, first appearing on 'News Of The World'
7. Who is the head of the Globalsoft Corporation?
The Killer Queen
8. Where in the USA will 'We Will Rock You' open in September?
The Paris Theatre, Las Vegas
9. In 1977, 'We Will Rock You' was coupled with which song on a single release?
We Are The Champions
10. What is the band of rebels in the musical called?